Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ludwigia Repens ?

Started by apistome, January 07, 2006, 03:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apistome

my Ludwigia Repens is green, barely any red on it. Does anyone know if this is an indication of an iron deficiency. I Have 1 month old compact flourescent bulbs, and the plant is around 14" tall.  :?:

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

apistome

hmmm. i read somwhere that they are good indicators of an iron deficiency but i do not know if that is common or even cause for concern. the red ones look really great though.

jetstream

If you just bought your Ludwigia Repens not long ago, most likely it was grew emersed. That's why it was very red in colour because plant can get more CO2 from the air and iron from their root system much easier.  Ya, if you give it more light and iron, you should be able to see some reddish foliage!

Toss

iron fert. might help. I give mine seachem flourish (the complete one, not just iron fert.) one capfull every 2 weeks. They like light alot, you seen them in my tank. try with half every 2 weeks. If you put too much and not enough plants, you might get algae outbreak.

goodluck
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

apistome

Thanks, It has been growing like crazy since I got it a little over 2 weeks ago, but seems to be losing it's red. Ican't really give it any more light, I've seen my apistos squinting ;) so I will give the flourish a try.