Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

next ovas meeting on election day

Started by maitre007, January 09, 2006, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maitre007

The next ovas meeting is scheduled on the same day of the election.
I am the only one who believes that the meeting should be rescheduled for the following week?

Aiglos

Or the week before; as there was no Dec meeting.

garnpet

IMO, the meeting will be more interesting than the election.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

darkdep

Huh?  How long does it take to vote?  :)

maitre007

It's more how long does it take to count all the votes?  How long do I want to stay at the celebration party?

aidensmomma2000

Its all about priorities man.  :wink:

mseguin

The room is booked in advance. This was discussed by the executive, and we decided to keep it the same day.

darkdep

Celebration Party?  Are you serious?

(I don't mean that the way it probably sounds...I'm actually curious)...

You're not a candidate are you?

FishPassion

It will take me two seconds to close my eyes and pick a liar , I really want to go to this meeting gotta get outta the boonies. lol
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

maitre007

I have been volunteering for the same candidate for the past two elections and at the last election party there was quite a lot of important people to network.

In regards to priorities, I was looking really forward to the program on CITES however I think our democracy is more important.  

This past saturday, I was doing some door to door with a city councilwoman and we were talking how easy it is to be arm chair politician and complained about the system.  It's a whole different story about getting involved since it takes sacrifice such as missing a real good aquarium meeting.

darkdep

I applaud your dedication, I really do.  You're right, it IS too easy to complain about things without doing anything about them.  Good for you.

If you do miss the meeting and there is anything you're looking for auction wise, let me know...I'll be happy to grab stuff for you.

artw

The CITES presentation is not in January.
As Matt said the meeting is on the 23th.

Aiglos

What presentation is there in january ?

I cant wait for the CITES

mseguin

The presentation for January is still being finalized, but it will be a visual presentation (video or DVD).