Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

C02 Regulator - Any good for a pressurized C02 system?

Started by TBarb, January 14, 2006, 03:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBarb

I am wondering if the C02/Argon regulator is anygood for pressurized c02 systems for planted tanks. Can it connect to a c02 tank? is it the proper fittings? What else would I need? Pictures attached.

Here are the specs:

ARGON/CO2 REGULATOR $ 59.99

Designed to control flow of 0 to 30 CFH (0-15 L/min.) of argon or argon/CO2 mixed gas ¥ Diaphragm-type regulator valve ¥ Max. 3,000 PSI Weight: 2.7 lbs

ARGON/ CO2 ADAPTER $ 3.99

Allows argon and argon mixed gas regulators to be used with CO2 cylinders ¥ CGA580 female x CGA320 female brass adapter ¥ Fits Powerfist regulator #8082471 and flowmeter #8082497 Weight: 0.3 lbs

I am thinking for getting away from the yeast/sugar do it your self to preassurized system.

Thanks in advance for your comments!!.

brad

Seanc

it would work but, but as brad said, you still need at least a solenoid and a nedle valve

gator

well, you may need a needle valve, but a solenoid isn't much good unless you have pH controller which activates the solenoid.

BigDaddy

A solenoid is not a requirement.. .but it is handy if you want your CO2 to work on the same timer as your lights.

The needle valve is an absolute requirement though.

TBarb

Quote from: "brad"You`d still want to add at least a solenoid and needle valve to it.

Check out:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?planta&1137439237

The solenoid is not needed but a needle valve is. What does a needle valve go for?

The regulator I found above is on sale $39.99 Canadian at Princess auto. I think all I would need is a tank and the needle valve and maybe some connection adapters?

It says argon or argon/c02 mixed regulator. Is that to say that it cannot do straight C02?

TBarb

One more thing.

Where can I get a bottle for C02. I remember someone mentioned a place that refills extinguishers and also fills bottles? Davidson something???? Where / $

Quatro

http://www.davidsonfireextinguishers.ca/index.htm/

I haven't been there (hours are bad, 7:30am-4:30pm M-F) but I hear the prices are $95 for a used 5lbs, $130 for a 10lbs.  Refill is $11 for a 5lbs.

Mike S

TBarb

Thanks for the help everyone.

I'm doing more research and found that there are so many regulators for scuba, welding and (my favorite) making beer!

Is there a specific kind that is not compatible? (I'm thinking scuba but what about the others?)