Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

told ya

Started by artw, April 20, 2006, 08:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

Well I am picking up my new 90 gallon tank this weekend.

So..
what should I put in it  :D

Aiglos

Art: your the man.  

No matter what we say though you will just end up putting in Malawi cichlids so why bother ;)

Shouganai

artw

I am actually resisting that, contradictory to my signature line.  I am barely making room for this tank as it is.   I was thinking of doing something rainbowfish ish or tigerbarb tetra type-ish.

Aiglos

Art: Be a man....   LIVEBEARERS    :)

Iceman

Well from your info below your avatar, I suggest you put yourself in it. :D

Something I want to do is have a tank that size nearly choked with plants, a bunch of tetras, and a few small bottom dwellers. Corys are my favourite.

Shouganai

A 90 gallon could hold some pretty cool herps you know.. ;)

BigDaddy

You already know what my answer is going to be Art...

artw

I considered that too Sean.  Funny thing,  there is an auction on the 30th.. and there is usually apistos.. :D

Seanc

both sean's want you to get apistos, SA/CA cichlids ROCK!!!

pegasus

Art, don't get up, stay in bed, you are still sick and your therapy is not done yet. It's too early for you to make an important decision like this. When I'll think you are ready, I'll send you to Guelph to pick up some featherfins. :roll:

aidensmomma2000

What ever happened to a nice, plain ol' community tank. Cories, neons, clowns, rainbows...

pegasus

Quote from: "aidensmomma2000"What ever happened to a nice, plain ol' community tank. Cories, neons, clowns, rainbows...
Boy! Now you need a bodyguard to rescue you from all those kwak doctors!
(This comment does not do justice to my sincere love towards aidensmomma2000)

aidensmomma2000

*cries* Im so confused.

babblefish1960

Dear Artibartfast, I am aghast and bewildered, it is incredible that you have ventured out over the edge to get your feet wet.

Bravo, well done, and a 90 to boot, I do hope you throw caution to the wind and consider the greater possibilities, should you remain open-minded and adventurous.

You could even consider plants amongst your list of new attempts, I wonder what you'll do, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, a south american dwarf array may be the thing to make you more normal. :wink:

Good luck with this endeavour, and do keep us all apprised of your progress, pictures would be welcome, and of course, we would all, I'm fairly certain, provide you with a plethora of advice and countless hours of help should you falter along the way. :shock:

artw

I am jumping in with both feet as they say.  now I need to find a python,  the tank filling kind Shouganai,  and obtain myself some preseasoned dirty scuzzy filter media from some unsuspecting soul to cycle my Fluval something or other filter.   As for fish I'll probably see what there is for pickings in Montreal.  I am sure she will be cycled by that time.

now is it 1 drop for KH and 2 drops for GH?  mutliplied by 18.3 to get german degrees or PPM?  So much to remember.

az

how about going salt water?
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

artw

that's not a bad idea

RoxyDog

make a python!

I don't know how much media you need to start, but I have an extra fluval 204 sponge in my 404 that you're welcome to.  I'm sure it's nice and dirty.   :D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Seanc

soooo what have you decided?