Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

told ya

Started by artw, April 20, 2006, 08:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

go ahead Roxy. Look at the pics.  You will notice that the big snail kid I got from Trish has almost doubled in size.

squeeker

Heheh, I actually noticed that, he's front and center, sliming away...

RoxyDog

it looks nice, even if all of my snail kids will surely meet their demise amongst the foliage... :P
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

mseguin

Snails are food. For Frenchmen or fish.

dannypd

Go with a couple of n. tetradon puffers...easily raised in low salt waters, then upp the salt a bit every year capping at marine in 5 years minimum.

In a 90 gallon, you can easily go with 2-3, maybe 4...but I wouldn't only have two with plenty of cover/caves/etc.  Make sure the caves face the front of the tank so you can still see your fish!!

artw

hey I like snails. I think they are cute.   Let me just say this I  have had more fun watching my tank, with all the bottom feeders, and the snails, and everyone doing something different in their own part of the tank, than I ever did having 36 african tanks.  Yawn. all they did is breed, and fight, and get dropsy.  Boring.

dannypd

Quote from: artw on June 06, 2006, 02:16:20 PM
Yawn. all they did is breed, and fight, and get dropsy.  Boring.

Well, with puffers you can have fighting, training, curiousity adventuring, random puffs (for no reason but sheer panic to the owners), etc....or you can have a lazy puffer sleep all day under a rock waiting for you to walk by..

pegasus

Quote from: artw on June 06, 2006, 02:16:20 PM
hey I like snails. I think they are cute.   Let me just say this I  have had more fun watching my tank, with all the bottom feeders, and the snails, and everyone doing something different in their own part of the tank, than I ever did having 36 african tanks.  Yawn. all they did is breed, and fight, and get dropsy.  Boring.
OK so I saw your pictures........... BOOOOO.....RING! I could not find my magnifiant loupe to look at your ninows.  ;D ;D

"36 african" .... How many tangs?  How many Synodontis or african eels or shrimp?
Oh ... just Malawi... OK I understand even tho you had more colors then.

All in good humour Art..  ::) Enjoy your new tank, but don't forget to wipe your nose print from the front glass.  :D

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: Pegasus on June 06, 2006, 03:42:12 PM
Enjoy your new tank, but don't forget to wipe your nose print from the front glass.  :D

Ohhhhhh.... is that what all the green stuff is on the glass?! :D :D

artw

oh double diss.  Tis ok we'll see who is the champion of the 2007 Home Show.   hehe 1 month and I am already talking smack.
yes I realize I have GSA,  I am obtaining nerite snails for that very reason.  In the meantime since its a new tank, I choose to keep the GSA, as it makes the tank run faster.

Seanc

Quote from: artw on June 06, 2006, 04:29:49 PM
who is the champion of the 2007 Home Show.   .

Why that is Seanc of course. i don't know why anyone would want to enter it when they know they are all just going to lose ;)

BigDaddy

Snails are not the answer to removing green spot algae...

luvfishies

Welcome to the "strange" side, Art, you closet snailien, you!

Things may be fine for now, but trust me, botia, especially Clown Loaches will eventually make a meal of your cute slimers. Heck, if they can't get em all in one go, they will eat bits off the snails, tormenting them, causing them to close up, and eventually killing them.

artw

I'll keep an eye on that Luv, thanks..  everything seems fine now, everybody is happy, plants are growing out of control, and the water is finally starting to clear up.  I am in the process of trying to decide upon a centrepiece fish, such as koi angels or something, but I do have an interesting variety of fish as it is now so it could be a hard decision.

artw

1 month later

[attachment deleted by admin]

charlie

Looking good art,well done.
Regards

mseguin

Nice tank Art. Now think of all the time you wasted on Africans :-)

artw

thanks guys.  hopefully by this time next month you won't be able to see the black background. thats the plan anyway.  I had no idea the plants would grow that much in 2 months.  it must be the flourite, the sword growth is astonishing.

RoxyDog

Art, it may be you have a green thumb afterall.  :)  Looks good!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

succinctfish

Nice tank, Art. :)

Quote from: artw on June 06, 2006, 04:29:49 PM
Tis ok we'll see who is the champion of the 2007 Home Show.

First you must wrest the crown from me. :-*
It is pretty, it fits me well...I will not surrender it peacefully! ;D ;D