Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

told ya

Started by artw, April 20, 2006, 08:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Quote from: RoxyDog on July 09, 2006, 11:31:28 PM
Art, it may be you have a green thumb afterall.  :)  Looks good!

I think it's called gangrene, but it will go away once the thumb falls off. :o

Actually Artibartfast, it looks pretty amazing, especially for a former rock hound, glad to see you've moved away from the dark side and into the light. ;D

I couldn't help but notice that there is a perch lacking for the venerable Oscar, how does he watch his cat TV without a comfy spot right at the glass?

artw

I don't think you'll have to worry about surrendering the crown to me.

artw

Update
2 1/2 months after the first teeny tiny crypt went in.   the Estimate Index method seems to be reducing the green spot algae but its not gone yet.  I am also only running my light at half power, my replacement bulbs should be arriving next week.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Julie

Art, very nice - what's your secrect  :P

Are you running actinics on that tank also?

artw

there is really no secret.  good substate + good lights + co2 + ferts =  good plants.   I sold the 2 actinics so currently I am running 2 dual daylights (6700k x 10000k)

RoxyDog

it's a jungle in there.   ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

busdriver

Hey Artw.

Nice tank.

I have a 150 you are more than welcome to try planting, the only fish in it are 9 tiger barbs and a bushynose pleco.
see pic, sorry about quality.

Busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

Hey there busdriver, right off the bat, you need good lighting, and a few more plants, I'm sure Artw or Bigdaddy could advise you once more details are provided, such as water parameters, substrate, willingness to add a few mods and of course, the desire to go beyond the starting out syndrome of a gazillion things going wrong all at once.

Good luck

By the way Art there old bean, your tank looks very nice, it has come along quite mightily.

Underwater

The tank's looking great, Art!

Seanc

art, nice tank.
get some altum angels!!! thay are the best!! so pritty, and i think zapisto has some right now.

artw

A few weeks later, since I have all of the lights now I figure I better give some of the bottom plants some of it, so I trimmed back the swords and moved the banana plant.  now you can actually see them, and the contest plant clipping I got from garnpet.   Everything looks a bit more refined now.  I am still playing with spraybar placement and how it will effect the limnophila aromatica.

PaleoFishGirl

WOW  :o

Looks great, Art! It's come a long way :)

RoxyDog

puuuuurdy....now we need to get you to try your green thumb with more red coloured plants, aren't they hard to grow?   ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Julie

Looks great, is that your angel on the right flashing before our eyes.

Red Wendti Crypts, shouldn't be hard to grow.

artw

Thanks guys. :)  I don't see an angel but I do see one of roxy's snail kids on the glass.

Julie

I magnified the image and it's a piece of driftwood with a gold fish of some kind beside it.  First sign of aging, loss of eyesight lol.
I thought you had a koi angel of some kind in there.

zapisto

art,

i check this tank, recheck it again , and then triple check it , and cannot found something .
you better address this problem soon
this tank have a serious lack of SA dwarf cichlid.......

i would propose Taeniacara candidi

and thanks god you leave the lake african fish where there have to stay :) in africa :)

Julie

Nice fish and pics, what camera?

artw

there will never be any cichlids in my tank.
Sorry.

PaleoFishGirl

Except the non-cichlid type of cichlids, right? ;)