New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Recognition of OVAS members

Started by darkdep, April 28, 2006, 02:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

We would like to recognize those forum users who have chosen to become OVAS club members. 

Anyone on the forum who has a paid OVAS membership card will have "OVAS Member" listed underneath their name on all posts. 

OVAS membership helps to financially support the club and our forum, and gives you fantastic discounts (up to 15%) at many local aquarium and pet stores.  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have become OVAS members, we're all here because of you.

Now, unfortunately, the list I have of member names doesn't include handles, so I've only been able to update the accounts of those who's full names I can match up from memory :)  So, if you are an OVAS member on the forum and you do not see "OVAS Member" on your posts, please send me a PM or email with your real name and handle, and I'll get you fixed up.

BigDaddy

Darkdep... as a mod, I have the ability to modify a profile.

Do I, and the other mods, have the ability to add that text to a profile, or is that solely the realm of an administrator?

darkdep

At the moment, the Ovas Member (and breeder titles) are extra fields in the database; at present there is no Web interface to them (although, that will be changing as soon as possible).  I will be adding extra fields to the user profile that can only be modded by admins (for example, mods can change user karma scores by going into their profiles).

Just a little coding and we will have this, yes.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

darkdep

Ok:  Note to all Mods:  We can all now modify someone's OVAS Member status easily.  Go into a profile, under Forum Profile Information, and down near the bottom is an "OVAS Member" Checkbox.  Check it, and it should show immediately.

I've installed a new mod that allows the addition of custom fields; I'll be setting up the breeder award titles the same way (you'll notice they have disappeared for the moment).

BigDaddy

Tried moddin' njoy.. no check box available... logged off and on again too

BigDaddy

Nada

What if we construct a giant badger?

mseguin

Still can't find it. I found membergroups under profile with two checkboxes, ovas executive and webteam, but no ovas member.

Seanc

BigDaddy

I say we just fire the webmaster... good timing too, the elections are coming up    ;D

darkdep

Hey!

It's not in membergroups; it should be on the bottom of the page, right above the Karma options.

There is a permission setting somewhere I need to apply to the OVAS Executive group...I'm looking...

mseguin

Karma options? I'm not seeing those either lol

BigDaddy

BAH!

I don't see it... or karma options... although now I see membergroups for all users... where I didn't before

artw

thats probably because we aren't administrator, only lowly moderators.

darkdep

Yep I found the checkmark for turning on Mod Group editing for Moderators...still looking for the rest.

Fire the Webmaster?  Ok, well, that's your option.  You could also make the Webmaster an actual Executive position instead of a volunteer position, then let people vote.  And my empire could be overthrown...uh...wait...let's not do that.

BigDaddy

Any news on this yet APW?

Or do I need to chop down the largest tree in the forest with a herring first before you will act    ;D

darkdep

At the moment, I'll have to do it.  For some reason the mod has locked the feature so only the APW can change them.  I'll need to do some code hacking.

I guess I better hurry up.  If I don't make mr future pres happy I might find myself out of a job.  :)

artw

the Webmaster is a Chairperson position
I noticed this morning that I had more options in the Administrator section.  Muhahah.   How shall I take over OVAS this afternoon?