Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

BBQ pics

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 17, 2006, 10:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Thanks to Alain and family for offering up their home to everyone for the annual BBQ! It was a blast and I'm sure I'm not the only one who ate way too much!

Thanks also to Claude for taking charge of the BBQ (the line up for the burgers is over here)  ;D

Enjoy the photos (RoxyDog, how did I not get one of you?!)!

A bit of back story on a couple of the shots:

- the woodpecker (pileated, just like Woody from the cartoons :) ) lives in the 'hydro' pole (geez Ontarians are weird) behind Alain's house

- the wasp lives in the handle of the umbrella on Alain's patio set! We watched it fly in with little green leaves, stuff them into the handle, do a somersault to turn around and fly off again

- the garden gnome... well... of *course* it's holding a fish!

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

We enjoyed ourselves immensely and good food abounded with actual ants trying to join in on the tidbits. Thanks for a lovely time, and the fishroom tour that should definitely enter the next home show tour. Have a great summer and we'll see you all in the fall. :-X

PaleoFishGirl

Oops, forgot a couple!

[attachment deleted by admin]

garnpet

Thanks for hosting the BBQ Alain, those fish tanks were amazing.

For those of you who asked here in the recipe for the Tortilla Sesame Chips that I brought.

1 package Flour Tortillas(medium size)

3/4 cup softened butter or margarine
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. onion salt

Mix last seven ingredients together. Spread fairly thick on each tortilla.
Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges by cutting in half, then cut the halves in
half, and those pieces cut in wedges.
Put on cookie sheet and bake in 350 oven for 10-13 minutes or until lighty
browned.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

RoxyDog

Thanks Alain, it was fun!  :)

PFG: Can't say I'm too sad about that, I prefer to be behind the camera, not in front.  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

charlie

Thanks to Alain & family for hosting a wonderful evening , also thanks to king of the grill ( Claude), had a great time, it was good to put some more faces to names, maybe we should have a OVAS family picnic in one of the city parks  ;)  ;).
Regards

redbelly1

Unfortunately i missed out.... :(.

When i posted that i was thinking of coming wit my wife and kid, nobody got back to me on when & where this BBQ was going to be.... >:(

Hope to get to next one but somebody plse post when & where.... ;D

By the way nice pics....!!!! 8)

garnpet

Quote from: redbelly1 on June 18, 2006, 10:27:53 PM
When i posted that i was thinking of coming wit my wife and kid, nobody got back to me on when & where this BBQ was going to be.... >:(

Sorry you missed it.  Check out the first post in the thread where you asked for the information..    ;D

http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=9234.0

redbelly1

I just checked it and its the same as before when i posted.....

nowhere does it say when& where.........

Underwater

you have to open the link to the MS Word document... it's all in there, somewhere

garnpet

Quote from: artw on June 09, 2006, 08:01:20 PM
Regarding the upcoming BBQ next Saturday, http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=9175.0 this will be the official Pot Luck list.    ....

From the first post in the thread.....

Or....

http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=9175.0

cory

looked like a blast! im soo mad i was not there... :( i need to step up and go to meeting and all that fun stuff..im starting to feel left out!

ophelia

Yes, thanks Alain for hosting, Claude for cooking and all participants! Arg, would have loved to see the woodpecker!

On another note for all you cleptomaniacs out there, did someone see or pick up Bridget's ELMO phone? It's one of her favourites and although it's not the end of the world i'd kinda like to get it back. It was lost somewhere inside the house, livingroom/kitchen area. Is it possible another little kiddie saw it inside and brought it out? It's blue with a flip top, like a cell phone and it sings the Elmo song.

Thanks in advance if someone finds it.

PaleoFishGirl

Elmo's phone was still at Alain's when we all left :)