Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Thorny snails?

Started by PaleoFishGirl, July 20, 2006, 02:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

succinctfish

Has anyone had any luck identifying these mysterious beauties yet?  I certainly haven't found anything like them; I've looked at so many snail pics now that they're imprinted on my retinas, but none of them look like PFG's snails.  ???

Seanc

Quote from: aidensmomma2000 on July 25, 2006, 12:07:45 AM
I know quite a few of us that have spent more than that on one fish!  ;)
darn, you got me.

artw

I think the most I've spent on a fish so far (in my new life) was $14.95 on the L205

apistome

Quote from: DarkDep on July 20, 2006, 02:26:11 PM
artw is a recovering Africanaholic.

Do you know where a guy can get a glass of Africanahol?

apistome

Quote from: artw on July 25, 2006, 01:12:38 PM
I got mine here ;D
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-13.015262,34.804688&spn=3.146628,3.674927&om=1

I love google satellite,  did you stay in the city on the southern peninsula? and is that all beach along the shoreline? Looks beautiful......

as beautiful as those snails you found PFG!

artw

Actually yes we stayed at Kambiri Point, Salima, and dove all over the southern part of the Lake.  which is the point south of Senga http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=-13.752391~34.50119&style=r&lvl=12

PaleoFishGirl

They're still alive as of this morning.  Any of you snail people have any idea how I could attempt to breed them (and perhaps make my money back?) :D

...just trying to steal my thread back from artw

artw

oh I brought back plenty of Lanistes snail shells ;D  (see, its about snails!) *ducks*

RoxyDog

an idea on how you could attempt to breed them?  ahem, well PFG, see there's something called the birds and the bees...
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

PaleoFishGirl

What do birds and bees have to do with snails ???

:D

mseguin

Well, when two snails love each other, or in some cases, one snail loves itself.....

Underwater

My uneducated guess is that those snails won't breed in freshwater.

apistome

mommy why are the snails fighting?

....because they're Thorny.

babblefish1960

So has anyone actually found some real information on this snail?

I am wondering if it is from deepest darkest africa, where it roams the veldt with the mighty lions and hunts the skittish impala.

Or, maybe it hangs out with rhino's, hence the thorns to fool everyone.

Any real ideas?

artw

I have one here right now roaming around the tupperware container on Art's desk.  Co workers gave me some funny looks, like Art, what's for lunch today?  Escargot of course.

darkdep

Hey, don't let anyone get any ideas.  That's my snail!

darkdep

Has anyone found out any info on these?  The one that PFG brought back for me and artw didn't eat is doing fine in my office tank, but I feel bad not knowing what it eats :)