New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aqua Inspiration for the January Meeting!!

Started by Fishnut, January 06, 2012, 03:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

I'm short on time but I wanted to get this up asap.  I'll add more later.

This is our speaker for January:

http://www.aquainspiration.com/

They will be doing a demo Amano style for us and are willing to bring some products/plants, etc for us to buy.  If you are interested in having them bring anything to Ottawa for you to buy from them, please PM me and let me know.  I'm compiling a list.

Cheers
Sylvia

charlie

ajm1961

That's FANTASTIC Sylvia!
Great job in getting them to come!
Should be a great meeting!
(I'm checking out their site now for any goodies!)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

pm

Awesome! finally gets me off my butt and to a meeting (and officially join the club)  ;)

daworldisblack

Quote from: pm on January 06, 2012, 05:52:17 PM
Awesome! finally gets me off my butt and to a meeting (and officially join the club)  ;)

Lol.. DITTO!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Really? Do they have an 18 wheeler to bring supplies? Really looking forward to it, and pm'ing as we speak. Where can I find inof on the january meeting???
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Fishnut

The exec meeting is on Monday evening so we'll be discussing the rest of the meeting at that point.  As soon as our wonderful Webmaster has time after that, he'll be posting all of the details on the home page and as a sticky in this forum.

These guys aquascape in the Natural Aquarium style, which Takashi Amano is known for so their shop is full of everything you need and more to be successful in the wold of planted tanks.  They'll definitely be doing a demo of planting one of these tanks and I'm sure as the demo is going on, they'll be able to answer any questions people have about plants.  I'll be talking with them in more detail over the next couple of weeks so I'll hopefully be able to pinpoint if they're going to be doing part talk and part demo, or what.  Regardless, it's going to be a lot of fun!

I would like to compile a list of items that people want to purchase.  If you want to buy something like a plant or some live fish, you need to pay for them in advance.  This is something I decided to implement.  It's only fair since they might suffer losses if someone decides not to show up to pay for their requests, then the fish has to stay in the bag for an even longer period of time and get back to Toronto.

They have some amazing things in this shop!  I was there not too long ago for the first time and I was blown away.  Have a look at the starfire tanks!  Stunning!!  Here are some pictures of my favourite displays in their shop:

Brine

jshchrtn

What time is this meeting, I work a 12 hour day in arnprior. Was thinking if it's not too early I'd come down to Ottawa and actually become a member lol

daworldisblack

Very Exciting! I was wondering if we'd be able to grab the updated livestock and plants list.. or at least whatever they are willing to transport up ..maybe with prices? That would be sweet :)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

ajm1961

Regarding date and time of our meetings - as stated on the OVAS home page:

Club meetings are held the fourth Monday of the month at J.A. Dulude Arena in Ottawa starting at 7pm.

So, the January meeting is on the 23rd, at 7:00PM.

Map for arena location:
http://g.co/maps/6p632

Looking forward to meeting newcomers! See you there!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

exv152

Can non-members attend & purchase items as well? Eventhough I do plan to get a membership.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

robt18

Anyone can attend our meetings, and memberships are available at every meeting :)

See you all in January! And a huge thanks to Sylvia for finding such great speakers!

bettabreeder

i want all the plants!!!! hahaha i think ill finally come to a meeting again and renew my membership (took a year off, ykno how first year university is..)

touchofsky

I would love to make it to this meeting.  I would like to get a membership, even though I wouldn't likely attend to many meetings mainly because of the drive.  I hope the weather is good that day  :)

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

touchofsky

Burnstown, between Arnprior and Renfrew. 

Nerine

It's good to see people are driving in from a distance! :D

Hope the weather is good for your drive in!

Sylvia - is there a planned dinner with the fellows from Aqua Inspiration ?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

charlie

This promises to be a great treat, these guys are great @aquascaping, Sam once mentioned to me that they received an invitation to attend one of Amano`s show, that must say a lot.            looking forward to this meeting.

touchofsky

Fingers crossed here for a good driving day  :)