New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Dymax IQ3 Planted

Started by jshchrtn, January 08, 2012, 02:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jshchrtn

I picked up this dymax iq3 for my girlfriend lol. Gave me another reason to set up a tank.  She wanted a blue Betta and I wanted to put a tank in the kitchen lol.  The tank currently has an amazon sword which i should have researched since it grows so large.  I will keep it in there till I purchase a larger tank, it has grown quickly.  Or i will take it back to the fish store or give it away to someone.  This is a great little tank and I may turn into a pico reef someday or research better plants for the size of it.  I highly recommend buying one of these tanks. 

This tank has a rear filter consisting of a large piece of foam and I added cut to size polishing pad.  I do twice weekly 50-75% water changes with pre dechlorinated water.  The tank is acrylic and the magfloat works great and doesn't appear to scratch.  The cool little Moai head looks great in there planted into the Fluval Stratum.

It currently contains:

Blue Halfmoon Betta
Large Amano Shrimp
Zebra Netrite Snail

Moss ball
Amazon Sword
type of chain sword
small java windelov fern
Flame moss on driftwood

alcibiades87

I think I need to get one of these tanks.  I think it looks a lot nicer than the spec.  And you did a great job scaping this one.

TLe041

Nice tank!

I'm always nervous having a betta in an open-top tank. Good thing is they also sell a matching top for the IQ3 in case you need it.
Tony

jshchrtn

Ya I saw that online too, I like the way it is now but if I switch it to a pico reef I'll def invest in a lid I think to help with preventing evaporation

exv152

Nice job on the tank. It's funny to see the magnet in shot, looks almost as big as the tank.
:P
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

touchofsky

Nice little tank.  I like what you have done.  Blue bettas are so beautiful.  Such a lovely colour.

jshchrtn

Thanks for the comments I recommend this tank, I think everyone should have one it can fit in any room in the house it would be awesome filled with shrimp too! Or a pico reef lol.... Almost want a planted one and pico reef side by side!

jshchrtn

Finally putting an update up on this tank beside its new sister sw tank!
The betta is doing well filling out and has gotten larger and it's a jungle in there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

touchofsky

Very nice.  What do you have in the SW tank?

exv152

Awesome setups, nanos & picos have become so popular recently in both fw & sw. 
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

jshchrtn

Quote from: touchofsky on May 16, 2012, 09:42:31 AM
Very nice.  What do you have in the SW tank?

Just started it a couple weeks ago just the LR and a small emerald crab and scarlet hermit. Might pick up a snail today, not much else to do today looks like rain on my day off lol!

Nyx

Both tanks look really good! The plants have really grown and filled in. : )
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers