New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New to OVAS

Started by Callie, August 12, 2008, 09:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie

26 yr old girl owned by a menagerie of critters, and three fish tanks.
Currently there's two 30G tanks, one with a pair of kribs (mom and son, who are not procreating), and the other currently just a variety of guppies and tetras..my blue rams died.

As well, I have a currently 20G RES tank but this weekend he's getting upgraded (thanks to this site's classifieds) to a 65G tank!! Should be super fun!

George, the RES, is just a smidge over 3" at the moment.

I was directed to come here by the boys at Big Al's in Kanata. So, can love them or hate them for this referral, lol.

Looking forward to getting more info, getting to know people, sharing, gaining and appreciating experiences/pics/knowledge.

Oh, and the name is Virag (or V for short). Yes, it's weird, it's Hungarian! :)

BigDaddy

Welcome to the site - you'll find a lot of great info and friendly people here who are always willing to help

Brine

welcome...lots of good people here with lots of good experience/advice...also a lot of nearly irresistible deals...as you have already found out. 

dan2x38

Welcome 'Vee' nice to meet you. As mentioned there is a lot of help to be had here. Sounds like you have some experience to offer of your own. Sorry to hear about your ram/s. I love them and have 6 myself. I am no turtle guy but there are a few of you around here... LOL if you do not have room for a lot of tanks then stay out of the classifieds... LOL ;)

If you do not have your OVAS membership for 2008-2009 you can buy them at our annual membership drive on Aug. 30th. You can also buy your membership at any meeting, Big Al's Innes Road, and online here. Membership drive locations will be at South Keys Walmart and La Niche Gatineau.

What does your membership bring you you might ask?  8) Well discounts from OVAS Sponsors, full access to the forums Lounge and Photo Gallery, borrow books from the Library, and registeration on the OVAS Breeders Directory. Not to mention free admission to most special events & speakers.

Thank you!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Callie

Thanks for the welcome :)

And the info on the membership, I'll certainly look into that.

I actually hit the classifieds to amalgamate the 3 tanks into 1, or 2 (1 isn't really doable with a turtle though, lol). At the moment, I'm hoping two 'big' tanks will be my max - assuming I find another big tank! (And assuming I promptly get rid of my current two 30Gs, and the two 20Gs, and an 15G that's been sitting for years at dad's...lol)
I started with just one 10G kit, and the upgrades kept going...... ::)

I don't want to give up on the rams, the last one died by my own fault (frozen brine shrimp went bad, which I only noticed later - but it was because my fridge was on the fritz). Prior to that, the rams would last barely 3-5 days from day of purchase... so I guess Rams are no longer going to be bought from the store, breeder only!

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."