Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

wow, my anemone split

Started by rgauvin, October 01, 2012, 06:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgauvin

so, I wasn't expecting it, but my anemone appears to have split. other then normal proper tank maintenance, is there anything I can do to help a newly split anemone?

Philnashbass

I've had a bubble tip anemone split before....they are very hardy and are able to take care of themselves. The newly split anemone of mine, found a new home not far from the first one and a couple of months have passed and both are huge!
Very cool to observe.
50 gal. CADLights cube with 15 gal. CADlights sump:
CADLights PLS 100 skimmer
AI Vega LED with controller
Ocellaris pair in LTA, Sml. Hippo Tang,  Powder Brown Tang, Favia, Gorgonia, Frog Spawn, Rhodactis, Sun Coral, Open Brain, Colt Coral, Plate Coral

220 gal. with 80 gal. sump:
Vortex IN 280 skimmer
8 Bulb Teklight T5's, Reefbrite actinic
Pair Gold Bar Maroon Clowns (extra lrg. female), Hippo Tang, Lrg. Pink Tail Trigger, Blue Face Angel,  Kole Tang, Humu Humu Trigger,  2 Yellow Tangs...3 RBTA's, Hammer Coral, Torch Coral, Frog Spawn, Leather Coral

Darth

I bought a bubble tip last year, and it split, and split and split, I must had about 25 clones over the last year, so no worries it will be just fine, congrats

rgauvin

yeah, my BTA was HUGE when fully inflated. I'd say a good 10 inches across. Now the 2 that I have are MUCH smaller, but if they grow to the same size as the original one was, well it won't take many more splitting until it starts to chew into the swimming space the fish have. My royal gramma doesn't look impressed that the tentacles are now blocking one of his favorite caves  :o

smalltownfan

Quote from: Darth on October 01, 2012, 08:55:47 PM
I bought a bubble tip last year, and it split, and split and split, I must had about 25 clones over the last year, so no worries it will be just fine, congrats

Have one to spare?
Read my post here   http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=54971.0
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Darth

Quote from: smalltownfan on October 12, 2012, 02:21:02 PM
Have one to spare?
Read my post here   http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=54971.0
sorry to hear about your nem, and I wish I could get the ones I have off the rock they are on, I have lots of people wanting them I just cant get them off the rock  :-[