Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Feb. meeting - come one come all

Started by charlie, February 20, 2013, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hello fellow aquarium Hobbyist, the club will once again be hosting it`s monthly meeting on Mon. Feb 25 Th @ 7.00 P.M.
Come join us at the Tom Brown Arena -141 Bayview Rd, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4M3, the highlight of this months meeting is a great presentation by our very own BAP/AHAP Chairperson Shawn, he will be telling us all about live food - when to feed & what to feed and even how to grow your own cultures.
There will also our usual OVAS cafe by our social conveynor Wayne, members door prizes & the swap tables where you can swap, sell & buy hobby related items, not to mention the many enjoyable conservations about our hobby with fellow hobbyist - so don`t hesitate come on down & join the fun.
If you have any outstanding books from our library please bring them, if you want to borrow any book from our Library please state here or contact our Library Chair ( stussi613) & he will certainly try & have it there for you.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

charlie

groupie02

NjOyRiD

hey guys, I will bring frags but you guys have any preferences?

sps, zoa, rock flower anemone, mush ?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

az

you guys better show up tomorrow we are sending lots of resonably priced frags esp zoas!!!

AQUA VALLEY    

2016 Hours
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
www.aquavalley.ca

Nerine

I have to work so I have to miss the meeting :(((( But am looking forward to Aquamania where I hope to see many new and familiar faces :D

Have a great meeting tonight!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

dakrazyone

I'll be coming as well with some corals frags, finally have some free time to attend. Looking forward to meeting some new people.

charlie

Quote from: dakrazyone on February 25, 2013, 05:29:07 PM
I'll be coming as well with some corals frags, finally have some free time to attend. Looking forward to meeting some new people.
Good stuff, make sure you grab me aside  :)

Shawn84

It been a while buddy. Cant wait to see u tonight

Quote from: dakrazyone on February 25, 2013, 05:29:07 PM
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Dan

Great talk by Shawn tonight! Really enjoyed it!

charlie

WOW, what a great meeting tonight, we wish to thank each & everyone that made it a success, it was a wonderfull thing to see hobbyist in all disciplines of this great hobby interacting & having a great time doing so.This is exactly what our goal was this season, see you all @ Aquamania.
Phil , i think you should patent that top off system you guys had on display tonight  ;), thanks to youself & AZ for showing up with frags.
Regards Charlie

charlie

Quote from: charlie on February 25, 2013, 10:04:13 PM
WOW, what a great meeting tonight, we wish to thank each & everyone that made it a success, it was a wonderfull thing to see hobbyist in all disciplines of this great hobby interacting & having a great time doing so.This is exactly what our goal was this season, see you all @ Aquamania.
Phil , i think you should patent that top off system you guys had on display tonight  ;), thanks to youself & AZ for showing up with frags.
Regards Charlie
Thanks to member Dan for stepping up to help us out on the exec., welcome Dan looking forward to having you on board.
Charlie

dakrazyone

Quote from: charlie on February 25, 2013, 05:40:17 PM
Good stuff, make sure you grab me aside  :)

1st time there and turn out was good, it was a super long day for me so i didn't have much time to browse around and put names with faces.  Sorry i think i missed you Charlie, but got to meet bitterman :)

It has been a while Shawn, great presentation.

NjOyRiD

thank you guys, I had fun :)
see you guys next meeting :)
370g System

Peekay

I am always bummed to miss these...standing commitment on Mondays..  but my young Aquarist and ihave aquamania on the calendar.  :)

charlie

az

AQUA VALLEY    

2016 Hours
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
www.aquavalley.ca