Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS end of year BBQ

Started by sylros, May 14, 2013, 11:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylros

The month of June is the month for BBQs, well for OVAS that is. This year this event has been scheduled for June 9th, which is a bit earlier than usual but we were able to get the Andrew Hayden's park again this year. A great location!

Here are some of the details:

Date: June 9th
Time: 11-4p.m.
Entertainment: Karaoke so far...unless someone plays in a band and is available on that day. hint hint!
Menu: pulled pork and various salads, fruits, cookies and drinks
Cost: free for paid OVAS members, $5 for non-members

Please bring your own chairs, and your membership cards.

We will be recognizing the Aquamania volunteers at this event and will have something special for the kids.

Stay tuned for additional information in the upcoming days.

ajm1961

Here is the flyer for the BBQ, with times, activities, contacts and other details...
Please indicate on the poll on the OVAS Home Page:
If you plan to make it (and how people are coming) - as soon as possible so we can plan the amount of food

Also let us know on this thread or by contacting :
If you plan to register your child (12 and under) to the betta bowl decoration activity - deadline for activity registration, Monday June 3rd.

Thanks all!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BBQ IS ON SUNDAY, JUNE 9th!! (I'll update the flyer later today...)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

ajm1961

Please let us know if you're coming to the BBQ...
go to the home page and complete the online form:
http://ovas.ca/ovas/

And please let us know on this thread, or by PMing "Charlie" or emailing if you want to register your child to the Betta Bowl decoration activity.

BBQ is Sunday, June 9th, it's coming fast!!

charlie

Folks there is a lot of effort & procurement of items that goes into planning a BBQ, we cannot do this efficiently without knowing who is coming, especially with the date been so close ( June 9 th).
To the folks who like to wait for the last minute to commit , it makes it very hard for the planners, as such please commit now so we can acquire the necessary food stuff.
The Pull Pork smokes for  72 hrs to cook, this process takes away 3 days from the 10 days left.
Regards

exv152

I tried submitting an entry for one adult and it gave me "cannot display webpage" message, and the same thing happened with the google link alternative.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

sylros

Quote from: exv152 on May 31, 2013, 09:44:53 AM
I tried submitting an entry for one adult and it gave me "cannot display webpage" message, and the same thing happened with the google link alternative.

Hi,

when there's a problem with the website, please communicate with me. I too have been getting 400 errors but then I go use another browser like FF and it works. I was using Google Chrome for the longest time until recently. Not sure what' up, I've had to reboot my PC for it to work again.

Can you try again? Otherwise I can add you manually...you're the only one who's reported anything so far.

silverhorns

Do you want the members to bring any additional items or drinks?

thanks
Silverhorns

ajm1961

Quote from: silverhorns on June 02, 2013, 06:28:31 PM
Do you want the members to bring any additional items or drinks?
No, but thanks for asking - everything's is covered. Only need to bring a chair.

Please note that unless the interest picks up today and tomorrow, we may have to cancel.

limed

I will try to make it, depends on softball,most likly will be there.
That's if the BBQ is still on. Is someone bringing a BBQ there?

Ed

ajm1961

Based on the latest registration levels, we have approximately 28 people coming to the BBQ.
So....

WE'RE ON!!

Please everyone, if you intend on coming, either fill out the registration form from the home page (and note who you are in the comments), or post on this thread - TODAY or TOMORROW at latest!

If you don't count yourself in, we simply won't have enough pulled pork for everyone.

We will start serving lunch on Sunday at 12:00. First come, first served.
Thanks for your cooperation.

jetstream

I did put down 2 person but didn't put my name down!  :P

fischkopp

Quote from: jetstream on June 04, 2013, 09:43:49 AM
I did put down 2 person but didn't put my name down!  :P

same here :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

lucius

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

ajm1961

Ed, Ken, Robert, Eric and "Lucius": looking forward to seeing you at the BBQ!

Anyone else?
Don't be shy!

FishBuddy

I'll be there as well...  Just registered..

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

lucius

Long range forecast calls for a sunny day.  Let's hope it holds out.  ;D

Feivel

Been busy lately, and have had a very full schedule lately. Barely had time for the tank even...

My g-f and I along with my 5 year old daughter will be there.

james

Hi I tried to register on the link but could not post rely. Please put me down for 3 adults. Me Heinz and one guest
Thanks James ::)
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

Nerine

Sorry to miss out but am working at an equestrian centre now on the weekends :) Hope the weather holds for the bbq!!!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts