New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Season Opener 2017/2018 - Saturday September 16 th 2017

Started by OVAS-News, August 03, 2017, 09:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OVAS-News

The 2017/18 OVAS season is fast approaching and it will be kicked off with its annual Garage Sale.

Please join us Saturday September 16 2017 between 10am and 1.00 pm at the <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tom+Brown+Arena/@45.408107,-75.724983,768m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4cce04474b273351:0x9d83f6d8bc08c723!8m2!3d45.4079329!4d-75.7230167?hl=en">Tom Brown Arena[/url] arena.  Tom Brown Arena has plenty of free parking and is close to the OC Transpo transit routes.

This is great chance to get meet up with fellow fishy friends including the new OVAS Executive, clean out the fish room of unused stuff, thin out the fry that showed up unexpectedly over the summer, de-weed that planted tank, etc....

And if you have not already done so, you can Renew Your Membership for this upcoming season in person.  

The OVAS Executive is also working on some extras for the Garage Sale so please stay tuned for more info.  ;) So mark this in your calendar and we hope to see you all out.  :)  Everyone is welcome!

In the mean time if you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this post.
Don't forget that OVAS has a separate webpage as well.  http://ovas.ca/ovas/

Visit us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

OVAS on Instagram

Kalinkacat

Hi,

This garage sale is it only fish related?  Might give us more exposure if it included non-fish things and were advertised.  Just a thought.

charlie

Thanks for the suggestion, at this time we will stay fish related and may consider other avenues in the future
Regards charlie

charlie

Hello all , please note the updated date and time for the Garage sale event -Saturday  September  16th 2017 from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Stand by for details
Regards charlie

101DalmatianMollies

Hi There!

If we have stuff we want to sell, what is the process to take part? Do we just show up with the stuff we want to sell and rent a table? (if non-member)

Thanks! :)

Gilbotron

Yes, you can just show up.  It would be better if you posted in this thread that you will need a table and what kind of stuff you will have available for sale.

I recommend to all sellers to try to arrive a little bit early to ensure you can setup and get a good table.  Tables will be first come first served.

Dxpert

I'll be there with some random stuff to sell, looking forward to it. I wonder if I should bring any salt water frags.

charlie

There will be quite a bit of Angel fish there, including some Koi angels.
Folks please note there is no ATM at Tom Brown, so please ensure you have cash especially smaller bills

subzro

Hello,
Will there be any Killifish or Killifish's eggs at this event?

Thanks in advance

charlie

Quote from: subzro on September 12, 2017, 10:26:37 AM
Hello,
Will there be any Killifish or Killifish's eggs at this event?

Thanks in advance
It`s difficult to say what will be available at these events.
Regards

101DalmatianMollies

Ok cool!

Next question! If we need electricity for pumps for live fish, is that available?

Thanks!

charlie

Quote from: 101DalmatianMollies on September 12, 2017, 02:31:00 PM
Ok cool!

Next question! If we need electricity for pumps for live fish, is that available?

Thanks!
There is electrical outlets there, you would need to have extension cords and power bars if needed.
Have you reserved a table yet?

101DalmatianMollies

Excellent!

I just threw up a "pleaSe reserve" response on the Garage sale thread :)

Thank you!

George2

Hi,

What time will there be speakers and demonstrations? Does it start at 10:00am, or will that be later on?

Thanks,
George

charlie

Quote from: George2 on September 15, 2017, 09:14:06 AM
Hi,

What time will there be speakers and demonstrations? Does it start at 10:00am, or will that be later on?

Thanks,
George

Apologies for not responding earlier
The presentations will be ongoing throughout the 10.00 to 1.00
Schedule, they will all be hands on workshop style, from DIY gadgets and Gismos to fish judging and more
our guest presenters are Mr. Ron Bishop and his wife Annette from the London Aquarium Club .

matttimms49

Dxpert

Great event everyone! Thanks to everyone who came out. Especially our newest members!

charlie

Wow!! What an event, if this is any indication of new and renewed interest we are in for a fantastic season
Welcome to everyone that joined or renewed their membership, thank you.
Feedback was great with promises of spending time with us at our monthly meetings.
I want to extend a huge thank you to all who made it out today, to Big Al's for their generous donation of the LED starter kit and last but not least all the execs
and  volunteers that truly made this event a success

See you all at the October meeting on the 24th
Regards Errol

lucius

Big thanks to the new OVAS Executive and volunteers for putting together the first meeting/garage sale of the season.  It was a great event.  :)

Jody

Yes, thanks everyone that was involved.
It was a great turnout, and I was very happy to see a lot of new faces in the room.
Good work everyone, a great start to the new season.

Jody